Food toxicology - Prof. Monia Perugini - a.a. 2016/2017
INFO ABOUT THE COURSE
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
- Knowledge and understanding: To provide insight in the type of items being an issue of safety concern in modern food safety evaluation. Application of this insight in understanding the relative importance of the various items in the field of food safety.
- Applying knowledge and understanding: This course deals with the (potential) toxicity of toxic substances present in traditional and novel foods and their safety assessment. Special emphasis will be given to novel scientific developments in the field of agicultural chemicals, persistent organic pollutants, food additives and veterinary drugs.
- Making judgements: Be able to discuss on food safaty assessment.
- Communication: Be able to summarize the obtained insights and to express the importance of the lessons learned for their own scientific work and future career.
- Learning skills: On successful completion of the course, students should:
• have obtained knowledge and an overview of major existing and newly emerging items of concern within the field of food toxicology and food safety assessment.
PREREQUISITE AND PREPARATORY
- Prerequisite: None
- Preparatory: None
DUBLIN DESCRIPTORS FOR UNIT
- Knowledge and understanding:
- Applying knowledge and understanding:
- Making judgements:
- Learning skills:
- Monday hour 8.30-10.30
- Friday hour 8.30-10.30
Residui di farmaci e contaminanti ambientali nelle produzioni animali
- Author: Carlo Nebbia
- Edition: Edises, 2008
INTERMEDIATE TEST 1
- Reference unit:
- Date: not yet defined
- Type of test: