Semiotics of consumption and advertising - Prof. Marianna Boero - a.a. 2018/2019
PhD in Cultures, Languages and Politics of Communication (University of Teramo, Italy). She has been Postdoctoral Researcher (Abruzzo Region - University of L'Aquila, 2016); Research Fellow (University of Teramo - Pomilio Blumm srl, 2014-2015); Post-doctoral Research fellow (University of Teramo, 2012-2014); Visiting Research Fellow (University of Toulouse, France, 2013); Adjunct professor in Semiotics of text (2011-2012; 2009-2010) and in Italian writing laboratory (2004-2005; 2005-2006). She has published several articles on the topics of advertising, consumption, and media representations of the "Other" in double blind peer-reviewed national and international journals. Areas of studies: semiotics of text, semiotics of advertising and consumption, semiotics of culture, gender and ethnic stereotypes, semiotics of new media, media representation of "Otherness".
INFO SUL CORSO
OBIETTIVI GENERALI DEL CORSO
- Conoscenza e capacità di comprensione: Knowledge and understanding of the contemporary semiotic debate and of the main issues related to the semiotic study of consumption and advertising.
- Capacità di applicare conoscenza e comprensione: Applying knowledge and understanding by explaining semiotic theories and methodological tools finalised at investigating case studies related to consumption and advertising.
- Autonomia di giudizio: Making judgements in a critical and autonomous way to analyse and understand advertising messages.
- Abilità comunicative:
Communication skills to efficiently relate case studies to the consumption context in which they were produced and to the contemporary debate.
- Capacità di apprendimento: Learning skills to autonomously analyse advertising, applying the structural semiotic method
PREREQUISITI E PROPEDEUTICITA'
- Prerequisiti: Some background in structural semiotics is required.
- Propedeuticità: /
- Lunedì ore 15.30 - aula 4
- Giovedì ore 15.30 - aula 8
MODALITA' DI VALUTAZIONE
Written examination (multiple choices and short answers)